Thursday, July 18, 2013

Back to School...

How can it already be the middle of July?!  Didn't summer vacation just start?  I guess it's time to face the music and start getting ready for the new school year.  I plan on working on getting my classroom set up here and there over the next few weeks.  I've been surfing Pinterest for fun and new décor ideas as well as organization strategies.  Here are some of the things I'm wanting to try this year:
velcro dots on name tags, easily changeable.   Lots of great pictures of her classroom!
This idea is from What Happens in First Grade.  She started attaching nametags to cubbies with Velcro so that they can easily be changed, if needed.  I'm excited to try this instead of taping each nametag down!
This is a form that can be sent home within the first days of school for parents to fill out about their child.
This form is from Amy Ross' Teachers Pay Teachers store and best of all...it's free!  I've downloaded it and plan on sending it home on the first day. 
 
 
This idea is from Tunstall's Teaching Tidbits.  She's created signs that lead families through Meet the Teacher Night.  What a great idea!  I love that she numbered the stations and at the end she had a goodie for the parents and students to take.  I'm definitely doing this!  I always worry that I've forgotten to tell parents something important and with this system I know they'll all get the same information.
 
What great back to school tips do you have?
 
Thanks for stopping by!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment