Monday, July 15, 2013

All About Me Theme

I've started thinking about what themes I'd like to start the year with.  Last year I did an All About Me Theme that was so much fun.  We worked on an All About Me craftivity in class that included things like their favorite color, food, and play area.  We gave them choices and had them glue the pictures into the corresponding box.  Another activity was part of their homework.  They had an All About Me information page that they filled out with their parents.  We also sent home a gallon sized Ziploc bag with a letter asking parents to fill the bag and send it back to school.  The note asked them to include a picture of their family, their favorite book, their favorite toy, and their favorite snack (enough to share with the class).  Each day we would choose a few students and have them share what was in their bag.  I was amazed that by the end of the week every student had something to share.  Since the activities were such a hit and a great way to get to know each other I think we'll do something similar this year.  I teach preschool, which means I have some students for 2-3 years so I don't like to repeat the exact same activity every year.  And, who are we kidding, I get bored doing the same thing every year!  Here are a few pictures of the All About Me activities from last year.
 photo f78ffab2-46a2-4f83-bc97-c17e0195bff4_zps1d98d5fd.jpg

 photo 1d13563b-0304-4eca-8f2c-d6bc21322632_zps2f9b3fc4.jpg
 
What fun All About Me ideas do you have?

 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment