Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Spring has finally sprung!

Last week we celebrated the weather finally warming up {with the exception of the snow on Monday} with a spring theme.  We made bunny ear headbands.  
  

 


We used pompom balls clipped onto clothespins to paint eggs.  I found the idea at Sassy Dealz.



The next day, the kids cut out their eggs.  I think they turned out pretty cute!  {I feel like I need to add a disclaimer:  There is a reason that there are iPads standing up on the table!  Wednesday's table time activity is always iPads and we were wrapping up table time when we cut them out}




On Thursday during table time, the kids colored jelly bean shapes according to the color word on each jelly bean.



Then came the fun part...sorting jelly beans on them.  And then, the even more fun part...getting to eat the jelly beans!  




During circle time, we used plastic eggs for several activities.  On Monday I put pompom balls into the sensory box and each cutie picked out a pompom, labeled the color, and then placed it into the matching plastic egg and closed it.  We worked on lots of different skills during this activity!


On Tuesday we matched sounds with the eggs!  I placed things like a dime, a paperclip, a plastic dinosaur, etc. into the eggs and then we had to find the other egg with that object.  It was tricky, but they still had fun with it!
 


In this picture we're playing the pompom color match game again.  I think the cutie on the left was enjoying the game!

We ended the week with an egg hunt.  Each of my little darlings found three eggs and then dropped them into the basket.  After they dropped their eggs off, we gave them a goody bag.



During book time on Thursday, this sweetie read Pete the Cat:  I Love my White Shoes to us!  While he was reading, Ms. Mary offered to read Pete's a Pizza to one of my other sweeties and he said, "No, he can read it to me."  How great is that?! 

Thanks for stopping by!
~Beth

1 comment:

  1. Aww I am so happy you tried the pom pom easter egg painting! Thanks for linking back to me :)

    ReplyDelete