Saturday, September 7, 2013

I Ain't Gonna Paint No More! {Five for Friday}

fiveforfriday2_thumb3
 
I'm linking up with Doodle Bugs Teaching for her weekly Five for Friday linky party.
 
We had a great week full of lots of fun!  My friend Lola from Preschool Wonders and I teamed up to work on an I Ain't Gonna Paint No More! unit.  If you'd like to see her post about this week, click here.
 
 We started the week by reading I Ain't Gonna Paint No More! by Karen Beaumont.  Then we painted and painted and painted some more!  First, each of my little darlings painted a page for our class book of colors. 
 
 
Here's the almost finished product.  I just need to hole punch it and attach the book rings. 
 
Then, we moved outside with Ms. Lola's class and painted with watercolors...
 
 
 
 
 
and painted with water on the sidewalk...
 
and used sidewalk chalk...
 
and finally, we moved over to the swing set and painted.
 
 
We also made a crayon resist painting with the kids initials.  Before the little darlings painted, my paraprofessional, Ms. Mary, and I used white crayons to draw their initial on the paper.  Then, we gave them watercolors and told them their was a hidden surprise on their paper. 
 
 
 
We finished the week by reading White Rabbit's Color Book by Alan Baker.  Ms. Lola and I (with the help of our amazing paraprofessionals) teamed up to read the story and do our own color mixing.  We cut rabbits out of coffee filters and used watered down liquid watercolors to show the kids how secondary colors are made.  Each of the sweeties had an orange, green, and purple rabbit to take home. 



 
During table time, we worked on identifying and matching colors with this crayons worksheet. 

At circle time we also introduced the color words and asked them to match the picture to the color word.

 
So, do you see why I said we had a fun week?!  And messy, it was a little messy, but definitely fun. 
 
Thanks for stopping by!
~Beth
 

3 comments:

  1. Wow, that's a lot of painting! Those little ones are so adorable, it almost makes me miss working with that age! (I do love my second graders!)

    Sally from Elementary Matters

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a lot of painting! And, I only ended up with paint on me when I dropped a tray of soaked watercolors. Luckily it was outside and at the end of the day!

      Delete
  2. What a great week! The kids are so blessed with you and Ms Lola and your wonderful Para's!!!
    Can't wait to see next weeks blog;)

    ReplyDelete