Sunday, February 8, 2015

What do we know about clothes?

We're continuing our study on clothing and having fun with Pete the Cat.  In my last post, Winter Fun, are pictures of the first steps of our mitten art project.  Last Monday we cut the mittens out and glued them onto the paper they painted.  



Then we moved on to a self portrait with each kid's name spelled out on the buttons of his/her shirt.  we found the idea at Conversations in Literacy.  


I LOVE the way they turned out!  They really reflect each cutie's personality!  



We've been reading Pete the Cat books and I thought it would be fun to decorate our door.  Ms. Lynn took off with it and it turned out even better than I could have imagined!  Some of my sweeties got in on the action.  This cutie is trimming the excess paper off the bottom of the door.

These darlings helped Ms. Lynn tape Pete's tail to the wall.

This sweet girl cut out Pete's ears for us.

Is this not amazing?!  The kids are loving it!

On Tuesday morning Dino O'Dell performed for us.  They really enjoyed it!


We finished the week by making Pete the Cat faces.  The kids painted paper plates that we had cut into face shapes and then cut out their face pieces.  We finished most of them, but I forgot to take a picture!  Stay tuned and it'll be in my next post!


My mom made a memory match game for us and the kids thought it was so fun!  She put Washi tape in all sorts of patterns onto tongue depressors.  

Thanks for stopping by!
~Beth

No comments:

Post a Comment